Have you ever thought about how much time you spend doing laundry? Whether you aim to conquer the chore on a daily basis or just plug away on the weekend, chances are you log several hours every week washing, drying and folding. Even though the laundry room gets a ton of use, it often looks like a messy afterthought, strewn with dirty clothes and an assortment of cleaning supplies.
If your laundry room makes you feel like you are slaving away in a sweatshop week after week, then maybe it’s time to refresh the space. With a few simple organization tips and smart storage solutions, you can transform your laundry room into a cheerful work area where you can actually enjoy spending time.
Efficiency is Key
There are several things you can do in your laundry room to make it easier and faster for you to accomplish all your laundry-related tasks.
- Sorting Soils – One way to make quick work of starting your wash loads is to have several bins available for sorting clothes ahead of time. If you are a wash-and-wear type of family, just a couple large bins will probably do the trick. You can evaluate your needs, then grab enough sorting bins to hold different types of loads.
- Pocket Drop – Don’t let another tube of Chapstick ruin your clothes. Keep a catchall dish or container at eye level to help you remember to check pockets before you toss items into the washer.
- Hanging Space – Installed bars in the laundry room are ideal for hanging up dress shirts or pants right out of the dryer or for hang-drying items if you don’t have enough space for a drying rack.
- Deliverables – Once you’ve completed the work of washing, drying and folding your family’s laundry, sort the ready-to-put-away items into baskets labeled for each family member.
- Wear-or-Tear Emergency Kit – It never seems to fail that you’ll spill something on your shirt right before you need to leave the house. For moments like these, it’s a great idea to have a grab-and-go caddy of emergency clothing solutions. You can stock your caddy with a bleach pen, stain removal wipes, a lint roller, safety pins, hemming tape and anything else you may need to get you fixed up in a hurry.
In addition to making your laundry room functional, there are many customized products and storage systems that can help make your laundry room look great, too. Attractive shelves, cabinets, and countertops by Redline can completely transform the way your laundry room works and feels. With a variety of styles and finishes to choose from, you can create a personalized space that perfectly fits your unique needs.
Top your design off with an energizing paint color on the walls and add some art or fresh flowers to make it an area of your home that you will no longer dread spending time.
For more ideas or to schedule a free, no-hassle consultation on organization and storage solutions in your laundry room,
contact Garage Décor and More today!